Monday, November 9, 2009

Day Forty

Day Forty eh - would you look at that?

Well the studio at Yoga Tapas was a steamy humid little hive of activity tonight with lots of bendy-people-ness putting themselves through a HAAARD mat session - Sue was right though I do feel great - so thanks!

Spoke with someone cool today who said she had noticed that her yoga has made an impact on her depression - if she maintains a minimum of two practices per week. Another thing that came out of that conversation was that I realised just how much I have going on so best I don't beat up about not being on top of absolutely every tiny, minute, intricate and mostly pointless detail in my life. This idea was reinforced tonight at yoga - a double whammy - when Sue explained while we started our blissful 10 mins of relaxtion, she asked us not to judge our performance and likewise not to build expectations for our next sessions. So the trick is to leave your practice as it has been, just a practice, not something that has to be read into, analysed and criticised. I like that - living in the moment rather than dwelling. And of course that is something all good therapists try to tell you - sometimes I think you need something real to attach ideas too - you need to practice practicing....and that what yoga is great for!

The more people I talk to the more I realise just how wide spread depression is out there - it's thoroughly terrifying! Life is about being real, not dumb and pretendy as soon as we let all that go, along with the crap expectations and preumptions I think things will be easier...well I know it, yet it still seems so hard to do? WHY IS THAT!?

So after trying not to judge my performance or expect too much next time I was left feeling proud. I am happy with proud!
BG x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment - it really is great to hear, or see as the case is here, what others have to say.
BG x